Who May Apply: All Citizens
These positions will be located in Various clinics within the Medical Center
This announcement is an open continuous announcement. All applicants applying will be reviewed every two weeks or upon Management's request.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Medical Support Assistant (MSA) within the Business Office for the VA Medical Center, Poplar Bluff. The duties of the position include:
- Scheduling appointments by interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with Veterans Health Administration national scheduling guidelines; including but not limited to receiving calls from providers when they are ready for their next patient, ensuring that escort services and transportation are property arranged and calling/paging to obtain various supplies for the treatment of patients.
- Scheduling; canceling; re-scheduling patient's appointments and/or consulting; entering no-show information; monitoring the electronic wait list; preparing for clinic visits; monitoring both inpatient and outpatient appointments for areas of responsibility; ensuring encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit; verifying and updating demographics and insurance information; processing all emergency scheduling and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals; performing basic eligibility, co-pays, and pre-authorization requirements for specific coverage.
- Taking inventory and requisitioning supplies and equipment.
- Working closely with professional staff to expedite emergency request for required day-to-day patient care.
- Maintaining various unit files, forms, and publications, including the unit census log.
- May be required to float to all Community Based Outpatient Clinics, based on coverage needs.
Work Schedule: Full-Time or Part-time (Tours will vary based on the needs of the service)
Position Title: Medical Support Assistant,000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.