POSITION: MAINTENANCE & CUSTODIAL
SALARY RANGE: Starting Pay $13.40 to $19.45 per hour
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – PMPCs perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes or assists in making minor maintenance repairs to building and equipment.
- In smaller buildings assists the fireman-laborer in firing the boiler; in firemen-laborer's absence fires and cleans the boiler.
- Operates a variety of power-driven equipment such as floor scrubbers, floor sanders, waxers, and wall washers; adjusts brushes, buffers, and other attachments on machines; uses wax, polish, and other protective agents appropriate for the various surfaces; washes walls and ceilings from scaffolding.
- Performs general laboring duties such as uncrating and assembling furniture and fixtures using bolts and screws for assembly, loading and unloading supplies, and equipment.
- Performs janitorial duties such as cleaning, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; washes walls and ceiling; dust furniture and fixtures; clean hardware and toilet fixtures; washes windows; cares for lawns and shrubs; cleans sidewalks and driveways and removes ashes, snow, and ice.
- In addition, may: operate an elevator, stack supplies in storage rooms and on shelves; move furniture and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include at least minimum competency for senior-qualified positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of experience, education, or training, any of which may be non-postal. Ratings are based on the demonstration of the level of possession of each of the KSAs. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
- Ability to work at heights above floor level, such as from ladders, vert-a-lifts, walkways, and scaffolds.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral instructions expressed in English.
Applicants must successfully complete Postal Service Test 916.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position. These duties may involve using a variety of hand and power-assisted tools, and power-driven custodial equipment.
- Applicants must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for long periods of time and to manually lift and carry objects weighing 45 pounds or more, without assistance.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug-free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.