THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a JOINT OPERATIONS CENTER TECHNICIAN (Title 32), Position Description Number D1245000 and is part of the IL JS, National Guard.
About the Position: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Announcement open until September 30, 2019 or until filled. Application cutoff date will be May 2, 2019.
Learn more about this agency
As a JOINT OPERATIONS CENTER TECHNICIAN (Title 32), GS-0303-5/6/7, you will be located in the JOC which operates on a 24 hour/7 days a week rotating shift basis monitoring and carrying out duties which include: overall mission status of an armory or base and its assigned units, installation security, initiating emergency procedures, Crisis Action Team notification, and other duties critical to the conduct of the mission. Through authority granted by the Adjutant General, employees are empowered to act independently, coordinating with the Adjutant General and his staff, in order to accomplish the mission or meet the emergency response.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with Federal, state and public agencies and military units within the state.
- Evaluates, analyzes and disseminates information of interest to the JOC Manager, Adjutant General or his staff.
- Examines, analyzes and interprets data from a variety of resources, i.e., interrelated electronic monitoring instruments, visual displays, area maps, news reports, and electronic mail to detect conditions of the area, either normal or abnormal.
- Maintains log records of activities occurring during the shift as a source of information for production reports, and operation efficiency status.
- Maintains overall security of the Joint Operations Center and performs entry control and escort procedures during assigned shift
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.