This position works in the operation divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providing administrative and clerical support as assigned.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent should be an enthusiastic and engaged professional who enjoys working with a diverse group of Court personnel and customers and lives the DC Courts? values of Accountability, Excellence, Fairness, Integrity, Respect, and Transparency.
The Bilingual(Spanish) Deputy Clerk works in the operational divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providingadministrative and clerical supportand providing exceptionalcustomer-service in English and Spanishto the public, judicial officers, attorneys or staff. Duties include some or all of the following:
- Assists general public, attorneys, judicial officers andstaff.
- Provides exceptionalcustomer service in English and Spanish.
- Reviews and processes documentsand orders.
- Completes forms or othermaterials such as warrants, summonses, complaints, and subpoenas.
- Provides and receives information from citizens, police officers and witnessesas necessary for clarifying factsor preparing reports.
- Maintains calendars, appointments, juries, and services.
- Collects and compiles statistical data.
- Administers oaths or affirmations.
- Types correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Files jackets and case documents.
- Enters and retrieves data using automated databases and manual logs.
This announcement will create aroster/list for all Superior Court Bilingual Deputy Clerk vacancies.
The selected candidate must be able to speak, interpret, read and write Spanish and Englishfluently.